Wednesday, November 28, 2007

the new journey beigins








































This post or rather the words for th post were written yesterday- 27 Nov

I am sitting at 22A onboard the A380… Pampering myself none the less…

after all the time this year of hard work and all… It is funny sitting here as in a way I feel rather lost and miserable…

I know I should be enjoying the legendary service and the wonderful oversized seat and all the trimmings… but the truth is that in a way, I feel as if a part of me is left behind in Sydney


Well actually we are almost an hour late in taking off as there was a problem with door 4left which apparently is on the lower deck… hopefully we won’t have an emergency as the escape slide doesn’t work…

I am in a way enjoying myself here but I guess somehow or other there are a lot of arrogant loud mouth men on board this plane who have no finesse or class and they are like frogs out of the well… then again the person who is on the other side of the aisle from me is like another work of art… she seems so uncomfortable about sitting here in upper class and it is like leave your economy class behavior behind and really be somebody.. but hey why am I not surprised anymore.. it is a full J class out of SYD and I guess the only seats available are the suits which by the way look really great… walked down the “grand staircase” to have a peep… there is one big downside about this plane is that there are only 2 toilets in the upper deck for Raffles class passengers and to think that there are 60 of us floating around- how is that going to work?

By the way I think that the oversized seat is really great… it has a all the creature comforts right down to a mirror for me to be vain- or rather to pop out and put in my eyes…the only thing is that the power for the computer is designed for the 110v and they are not meant for the 3 pin plugs… oh well… thank goodness there is juice in my battery…

The economy seating on the upper deck look rather interesting too… they are like behind raffles class which is like per normal but the seats are green instead… quite cool…

Well it is sunny and cloudy here above the rain of Sydney… I arrived on the 12 Feb in the rain and am leaving on the 27 Nov in rain… It is a symmetrical feeling in a way… a sense of conclusion to the matter…

Ray tricked me and came out to the airport just to send me off which really made me feel like crying… I have been really blessed to have found a wonderful bunch of friends this year whom I will be missing a lot… It has been such a year for me… I was so touched that Martha sent me to the airport and to see her this happy makes me feel really great on the inside too…

I am going to sit back and enjoy the creature comforts… well I will try at least… thank goodness for the noise reduction headphones and I am zoned out from the world around me… just me and my computer and movie… wish the person behind me would stop kicking my seat though… that is starting to piss me off… I am feeling so fortunate to be able to experience this seat and all… but it is with a sense of sadness that I am returning to the real world…I am not sure what the future is going to lie or where I am going to be… but one thing is for sure and that is I have so many wonderful memories from 2007 and my year as being a master student in Sydney…

Some people have suggested that I migrate my blog to a new site as I am no longer in Sydney but somehow that would seem rather funny… guess it would be a case of watch this space…

Thanks to all of you who have made this year so wonderful and special… and to all of you who wrote all the thoughts that is something I am going to carry with me wherever I go… I will be back!

Sydney 1025, Singapore 0725… somewhere in the sky at about 40000 feet

2 comments:

Rae said...

wah so cool! is this airbus? me goin back by airbus too i think! hehe..cant wait! and..take care there ya! see ya nx yr!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.